20-25 academic hours per week
intensive dutch language courses + housing
Learn Dutch the most efficient way!
Just like the summer school!
In 2014 we started the BLC Dutch Summer School. Based on the following principles:
– intensive language courses (with 100% focus) are more efficient than studying 1-2 times/week
– learn the language in the country where it is spoken
– living together = doing homework together, practicing the language with eachother, exploring the country together
– in a good social atmosphere you’re not afraid to make mistakes in class
– group courses on many levels that are 100% guaranteed (so you can make travel arrangements), no cancellations when not enough people apply (a condition normally used by other language schools)
– additional e-learning materials for a maximal result
We’re not the only one who believes in this formula: the increase to 275 students in 2016 says enough!
The Dutch Winter School will be an exact copy of the Dutch Summer School. The only difference will be: the weather. So we’ll stay inside to study. And for the free time: we’ll come up with some extra social activities.
You can choose one of the programs… or both!
|check-in student residence||7th of january (after 15:00)||27th of january (15:00-21:00)|
|first day of class||9th of january||28th of january|
|last day of class||20th of january||5th of february|
|check-out student residence||21st of january (before 12:00)||6th of february (before 10:00)|
|intensity||10 sessions / 50 academic hours||8 sessions / 40 academic hours|
|january: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 + 16, 17, 18, 19, 20||january: 28, 29, 30, 31 + february: 2, 3, 4, 5|
|levels||beginner (from zero to A1)||beginner (from zero to A1)|
|follow up (from A1 to A2)||follow up (from A1 to A2)|
|follow up plus (A2/B1)||follow up plus (A2/B1) weak|
|intermediate (B1/B2)||follow up plus (A2/B1) strong|
|optional group activities*||07-01 – welcome drink||27-01 – welcome winter barbecue|
|(preliminary)||08-01 – city walk + ‘boerenkool’ dinner||28-01 – ‘boerenkool’ cooking/dinner, singing dutch songs|
|11-01 – singing dutch songs night||30-01 – old dutch games|
|14-01 – ice skating at Jaap Eeden baan||31-01 – pancake evening|
|17-01 – dutch movie night||01-02 – daytrip Groningen, incl. ice skating|
|19-01 – group dinner||02-02 – dutch movie night|
|03-02 – golf clinic|
|04-02 – winter barbecue|
|05-02 – farewell ‘stamppot’|
The prices include: coffee/tea/water during lessons, 1-year license to online package #dutchgrammar-1 and #dutchgrammar 2, 1 academic hour = 45 minutes. Book not included (€ 39).
In residence: free wifi, included: end cleaning + 1 set of linen.
In Amsterdam – when booking accommodation, free use of bike included.
In Drenthe: bikes available to rent (€ 50 euro for the course period).
* costs of group activities are not included in the package fee / real costs (food/drinks/entrance tickets/transport etc.) will be shared amongst participants; some activities require a minimal number of participants to organise
Live + study together in our student residence!
• standard package: single room with own bathroom
• optional: double room (if you travel with another student or a non-studying partner)
• shared kitchen
• free wifi
• free use of bike, gym, library, gaming room
• paid options: laundry services, meal plan
• location: 20 minutes by public transport from Amsterdam Airport
• distance to school: 7-10 minutes by bike to the school -> watch the map
• standard package: bed in a shared room
• optional: single room (shared bathroom, shared kitchen)
• optional: studio (own bathroom, own kitchen)
• optional: accommodation for non-studying partners/relatives/friends
• free wifi
• paid: bike rental, laundry service
• location: 2 hours by train (1 stopover) from Amsterdam Airport, car-transfer (€5) from Beilen railway station to ‘het Timmerholt’ resort -> watch the map
• distance to the school: same location
* in these options you can take someone with you (a non-studying partner, friend, relative)
** early-bird rate period prolonged: book before 15th of november
Students of the Dutch Winter School , get a free e-learning package!
The package contains video tuition/exercises for self study, that can be used:
– to (optionally) prepare online prior to the course– to enroll on the next level
– to have as extra material (to review during self-study)
– as a backup, in case you miss classes
– to review after your winter school participation
Students who already purchased #dutchgrammar before, get a 1-year free extension of the package (from the moment it expires).