20-25 academic hours per week
Learn Dutch the most efficient way!
You can choose one of the programs… or both!
|Amsterdam||Drenthe (January)||Drenthe (February)|
|check-in student residence||2nd of january (after 15:00)||19th of january (between 15:00-20:30)||9th of february (between 15:00-20:30)|
|first day of class||3rd of january||20th of january||10th of february|
|last day of class||12th of january||28th of january||18th of february|
|check-out student residence||13th of january (before 12:00)||29th of january (before 10:00)||19th of february (before 10:00)|
|intensity||9 sessions / 45 academic hours||8 sessions / 40 academic hours||8 sessions / 40 academic hours|
|january: 3, 4, 5, 6 + 8, 9, 10, 11, 12||january: 20, 21, 22, 23 + 25, 26, 27, 28||february: 10, 11, 12, 13 + 15, 16, 17, 18|
|levels||0 (total beginner)||0 (total beginner)||0 (total beginner)|
|based on number of participants, extra sublevels may be created|
|optional group activities*||02-01 – welcome drink||19-01 – welcome winter barbecue||09-02 – welcome winter barbecue|
|(provisional)||04-01 – ‘boerenkool’ dinner||20-01 – ‘boerenkool’ cooking/dinner||10-02 – ‘boerenkool’ cooking/dinner|
|06-01 – ‘borrel!’ (End-of-the-week drink)||22-01 – old Dutch games||12-02 – old Dutch games|
|07-01 – city walk with language games||23-01 – Dutch theatre night||13-02 – Dutch theatre night|
|08-01 – Dutch movie night||24-01 – daytrip Groningen, incl. ice skating||14-02 – daytrip Groningen, incl. ice skating|
|09-01 – Dutch grammar quiz||25-01 – Dutch song karaoke||15-02 – Dutch song karaoke|
|11-01 – Group dinner||26-01 – Bingo!||16-02 – Bingo!|
|28-01 – Farewell barbecue||18-02 – Farewell barbecue|
The prices include: coffee/tea/water during lessons, access to online package #dutchgrammar-1, #dutchgrammar 2 and #dutchgrammar-3 (from 20th of December till 1st of March), 1 academic hour = 45 minutes. Book not included (€ 39).
In residence: free wifi, included: end cleaning + 1 set of linen.
In Amsterdam – when booking accommodation, free use of bike included.
In Drenthe: bikes available to rent (€ 50 euro for the course period).
* costs of group activities are not included in the package fee / real costs (food/drinks/entrance tickets/transport etc.) will be shared amongst participants; some activities require a minimal number of participants to organise
Live + study together in our student residence!
• standard package: single room with own bathroom
• optional: double room (if you travel with another student or a non-studying partner)
• shared kitchen
• free wifi
• free use of bike, gym, library, gaming room
• paid options: laundry services, meal plan
• location: 20 minutes by public transport from Amsterdam Airport
• distance to school: 7-10 minutes by bike to the school -> watch the map
* in these options you can take someone with you (a non-studying partner, friend, relative)
Students of the Dutch Winter School, have access to our e-learning package during the course:
Studying with the e-learning package is part of the homework. This way, students are well prepared in class. That allows our classes to be more efficient and interactive.