Live, learn and speak Dutch together
UPDATE: Corona waves come and go. The Winter School is normally in January. We don’t want to put all our eggs in one basket! So, we will offer 3 course periods the upcoming season: October 2022, January 2023, March 2023.
Learn Dutch the most efficient way!
Program & Prices – 2022/2023
Live + study together in our student residence!
From 2022 Amsterdam accommodation is not offered as part of a package fee, you can book the accommodation directly at The Student Hotel – Amsterdam West. The terms and conditions of the hotel will apply.
Amsterdam or Drenthe?
Choose Drenthe if:
– you can take off only 1 week from work, but still enjoy a 10-day program (arrival Friday evening, departure Sunday evening or Monday morning)
– you want to focus on studying in a quiet environment and be away from the daily hassle at home
– you prefer a nature environment above a city environment
– you want the full study & live together experience (95% of the students books accommodation)
– you’re looking for a program with a nice social atmosphere* outside the lessons and (optional) social activities in the evening
Choose Amsterdam if:
– you want full 2 weeks of study per session (and be free in the weekend)
– you want to enjoy Amsterdam in Winter
– you prefer a city environment above a nature environment
– you prefer to commute from home instead of booking accommodation
– you want a central location in the Netherlands to visit nearby cities like Utrecht, Leiden, The Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem
– you’re not looking for social activities next to class*
* The educational programs (books, lessons, materials) are the same on both locations. The main difference between our programs in Amsterdam and Drenthe is the social environment. Almost everybody in Drenthe books accommodation, whereas in Amsterdam less than half of the students does. You’ll definitely find like-minded students in Amsterdam with whom you can enjoy the city together, but if you’re looking for the total group experience, social activities next to class and ‘gezellige’ winter evenings, then Drenthe is a better choice.
Students of the Dutch Winter School, have access to our e-learning package during the course:
Studying with the e-learning package is part of the homework. This way, students are well prepared in class. That allows our classes to be more efficient and interactive.
Every Winter School, we record videos with our students* about the Dutch language and their experiences with the Dutch culture.
Not only people who learn Dutch watch the videos, also Dutch people like to find out what foreigners think about their country!
* only students who volunteer to participate, no obligations!