Live, learn and speak Dutch together
Learn Dutch the most efficient way!
Program & Prices – 2020
– Amsterdam or Drenthe
– 1 or 2 sessions
– level 1, 2, 3, 4 or R (read: level descriptions)
– with or without accommodation
* temporary discount = once a certain part of places is booked, the discount will end
** studio for double use = you can take someone with you (a non-studying partner, friend, relative)
The prices include: coffee/tea/water during lessons, access to online package #dutchgrammar-1, #dutchgrammar 2 and #dutchgrammar-3 (from 15th of December till 15th of February), 1 academic hour = 45 minutes. Book not included (€ 39).
In residence: free wifi, included: end cleaning + 1 set of linen.
In Amsterdam – when booking accommodation, free use of bike included.
In Drenthe: bikes available to rent (€ 50 euro for 1 session of 10 days).
* costs of group activities are not included in the package fee / real costs (food/drinks/entrance tickets/transport etc.) will be shared amongst participants; some activities require a minimal number of participants to organise
More information on the timetable: click here
Live + study together in our student residence!
• standard package: single room with own bathroom
• optional: double room (if you travel with another student or a non-studying partner)
• shared kitchen
• free wifi
• free use of bike, gym, library, gaming room
• paid options: laundry services, meal plan
• location: 20 minutes by public transport from Amsterdam Airport
• distance to school: 7-10 minutes by bike to the school -> watch the map
Amsterdam or Drenthe?
Choose Amsterdam if:
– you want full 2 weeks of study per session (and be free in the weekend)
– you want to enjoy Amsterdam in Winter
– you prefer a city environment above a nature environment
– you prefer accommodation with more privacy (own bathroom) OR you live closeby and you prefer to commute from home instead of booking accommodation
– you want a central location in the Netherlands to visit nearby cities like Utrecht, Leiden, The Hague, Rotterdam, Haarlem
– you’re not looking for social activities next to class*
Choose Drenthe if:
– you can take off only 1 week from work, but still enjoy a 10-day program (arrival Friday evening, departure Sunday evening or Monday morning)
– you want to spend less on accommodation (cheaper than Amsterdam)
– you want to focus on studying in a quiet environment and be away from the daily hassle at home
– you prefer a nature environment above a city environment
– you want the full study & live together experience (95% of the students books accommodation)
– you’re looking for a program with a nice social atmosphere* outside the lessons and (optional) social activities in the evening
* The educational programs (books, lessons, materials) are the same on both locations. The main difference between our programs in Amsterdam and Drenthe is the social environment. Almost everybody in Drenthe books accommodation, whereas in Amsterdam less than half of the students does. You’ll definitely find like-minded students in Amsterdam with whom you can enjoy the city together, but if you’re looking for the total group experience, social activities next to class and ‘gezellige’ winter evenings, then Drenthe is a better choice.
Students of the Dutch Winter School, have access to our e-learning package during the course:
Studying with the e-learning package is part of the homework. This way, students are well prepared in class. That allows our classes to be more efficient and interactive.